Thursday, December 18, 2008

The power of music

I have always been one to be deeply inspired by music. Whether it be an extravagant composition like Mozart, or a bitterly sweet melody of love lost. I have found the emotion behind any composition indescribable. I would like to know if music really has the power to change a person, I know that my life has and always will be changed by music but I can only speak for myself. It’s not as though I have any musical talent at all. I do know how to play the piano to a certain degree and I sing until the cows come home (not very well I might add). It seems to me that music is so comparable to virtually every aspect of my life. There is nothing in the world that can fill my heart with more passion and love than music. But I would like to know if music can or has had as deep an impact on other lives as it has had on mine? Please comment and let me know.

Nomad

3 comments:

milai said...

Aside from my journal, music has long been the companion of the solitary me.

In my joy, music echoes my laughter. Or expresses my smiles.

In my sadness, music rips my heart with its poignancy.

In my anger, angst or confusion, music became my outlet. And refuge.

When I fell in love, music inspired me to define and defy love.

The moment I had my heart broken, the dam of tears broke and music poured forth my bitterness.

In my healing, music renewed me.

I believe my life is and will be intertwined with music - always.

Unknown said...

Simply put, yes.


There are some songs that ripple through my soul. Having the ability to stop me mid-step while walking down a busy street, or that strange mystical feeling that overcomes me when the lyrics or lilting melody of a particular piece suddenly causes tears to stream down for no apparent reason.

I live, breathe, and make music.
It is a language all on its own, and I believe it can communicate on a physical level as well, which is something spoken/written language can never do.

Anonymous said...

I love Indian Music. tell me if u want some beautiful melodies for life.